Wednesday 8 August 2012

The National Garden

It was a cool 35oC and with forecasts of 40oC, I thought I better forget about swimming and go to the Centre instead, before it got too hot.

Once I got to Syntagma I decided I would walk through the National Garden as I realised I was desperate for some green, something that is sadly lacking in Athens.




These palm trees don't give out too much shade




but they are very majestic.




Shelter from the glare of the sun is the order of the day.





As I was walking along I realised that the only photographs I was taking were of the sheltered parts of the garden.




This wisteria must look magnificent when in flower




two lovers taking shelter




water, water!




A cluster of orange trees.




The cafe




a tunnel of cool.




No comments:

Post a Comment